Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Noisy Guy.

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:30 pm   Noisy Guy.

Hey, I'M Ariel, and my RES is Zeus. Lol I Am Not A NEW RES owner, but new here. My Zeus is about 7, and he pretty much hates us all... but loves dogs and kids... Lol he will allow himself to have an occasional salt scrub, but hisses and pretends to bite while he's getting it. One interesting thing he does that I am curious about is wheezing. He actually used to chirp quite a bit for attention , but then he discovered the wheeze, which I assume is easier. He does it all day...and it works, I look over, feed him, put his dock back together, whatever it is he's wanting. If I ignore him, he of course gets very upset, once, I told him to chirp for attention, kept ignoring, and , he chirped!. It's like a baby chick getting stepped on...lol (guessing). This guy has got me trained. WONDERING if anyone else's sliders are so vocal? Oh, and he also will carefully take even a tiny treat from my hand, trying very hard not to bite, but then when it's bath time, he promises he will bite. (He wil, trust me). :msgreen: Best 15 dollars I have spent... although the girl at petco didn't tell me I may have to pass him on to my grandchildren. I do not want grandchildren....
ElementalEaredSlider

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:08 pm   Re: Noisy Guy.

Hi Ariel and Zeus! Is the wheezing coming after/during some physical exertion like a lot of swimming or begging? My RES rarely chirped, have not heard it in years.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:32 pm   Re: Noisy Guy.

I've don't think I've ever heard Sam chirp. He has mastered the hissing conversation when he wants to register his displeasure about something, but I think that's the only sound he's ever made.
annar

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:50 am   Re: Noisy Guy.

It was a pretty rare event. Another rare one is a croak, like a frog.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:27 am   Re: Noisy Guy.

Hi Ariel and Zeus ! Welcome to the forum.
Back a ways watching a movie I heard what sounded like a squirrel. Maybe from the movie ? Again...? Maybe a squirrel in the attic ? It was Mickey male RES ! As Steve said very rare. Not sure if he just liked the movie or spring was coming and was just horny , who knows. It is rare just enjoy !
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:00 pm   Re: Noisy Guy.

I just looked it up on You Tube. It sounds like a squeaky toy!
annar

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.