Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hola from mis tortugas

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:53 pm   Hola from mis tortugas

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

I've recently gotten back into keeping turtles after having given up my previous RES about almost 4 years ago after having her for about 5 years.

However, it seems that during that time, she started laying eggs and the lady who I gave her to, reached out to me and gave me two of her hatchlings, which I obviously couldn't refuse :D

So here they are (sorry for the poor quality, this was on my Tablet, which I was trying not to drop :lol: )

Their names being : Yajirushi - Yaji for short (one furthest on the Dock) and Suzumekoyumi - Yumi for short (furthest off the dock).

Otherwise known as "Bow and Arrow" , due to Yumi meaning Bow in Japanese and the fact the Yumi has arched spots near it's head on it's Plastron and Yaji being short Yajirushi which means Arrow and the fact that near it's Cloacal scutes, the spots form an Arrowhead.

A few geeky tidbits about my tortugas;

Yumi -

Pale Green/Yellow shell
Likes to eat alot. (Especially Shrimp treats)
Is more shy.
Prefers to sit on the underwater log
Often watches Yaji

Yaji -

Deep dark Green shell
Likes to Bask
Is very friendly & brave and likes to watch TV
Likes to be on the Dock, even when not basking
Prefers Lettuce unlike Yumi

I personally find it extremely odd and fascinating how they exhibit such starkly different personalities, but ultimately sort of "share" traits from my original RES. :|

But I've blathered enough!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
YajiYumi

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:37 am   Re: Hola from mis tortugas

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on being a turtle grand father! They look very cute, did you have their mother as a hatchling too?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:47 pm   Re: Hola from mis tortugas

steve wrote:Welcome to the forum! Congrats on being a turtle grand father! They look very cute, did you have their mother as a hatchling too?

Thank you Steve, forgive my late response. Life is a bit busy :roll:

Actually, I didn't get her as a hatchling, I got her whilst I was in highschool, because I was just getting into Animal rehab and the boy who brought her in couldn't keep her, as she got too big (as we know they tend to do)

So I took her, because I already had a fish tank at home and a yard she used to flop around in.

She was about 9 or so inches by time I moved out on my own at 19, and I couldn't keep her in the apartment at that time, so I gave her to an Amphibian doctor friend of mine, who was my mentor and now I'm 23 and she gave me 2 of my Original RES's first clutchlings.

And here we are today! :lol:

However don't be fooled Steve, they look cute but are a lot more work than their mother was :roll:
YajiYumi

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.