Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New to the forum

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:37 am   New to the forum

Hi everyone,
My names Aaron, I've been taking care of a female RES named terry. I got her about 9 months ago now, and I believe she is 3 years old at this point. I acquired her only to watch her until my friend moved and got settled. Well, he still hasn't been in a position to care for her so by this point shes mine. Which is good because I've fallen in love.
I didn't know anything at first for how to care for her but I've learned along the way. She seems very healthy, happy, and active so I must be doing fine! She wasn't in the best shape when I got her. Her tank was dirty and overcrowded with rocks and she wasn't very active when my friend had her. In fact I wasn't expecting her to have much of a personality but she really does! Every day I have to give her plenty of attention by talking to her or she'll be upset until I do. I'm able to handle her a bit and she likes it, I take her out to walk around the house and in the summer I would put her out side in our fenced in garden to let her roam around while I tended to the veggies.
At first I didn't think having a turtle would be very interesting, but now I don't think I'll ever not have one, I'm definitely hooked. Happy to be a part of the forum to learn and share advice along the way
Aaron88

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:05 am   Re: New to the forum

Hello and welcome to the forum. Just be careful turtles are the best escape artist , they dig and climb well also look slow but are very fast !
litefoot

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:16 pm   Re: New to the forum

Welcome Aaron and Terry! RES having so much personality caught me off guard too. All the work to see them thrive is ver rewarding, so great job!
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.