Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New to turtles; New to forum

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:31 am   New to turtles; New to forum

Hi everyone, bumped into this forum while searching turtle faqs, trying to understand my new little friend. hope to learn a lot, since my primary goal is to make a nice, healthy and happy enviroment for my baby red eared slider :) :mrgreen:
Korni88

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 am   Re: New to turtles; New to forum

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:45 pm   Re: New to turtles; New to forum

Hello all. I am new here today, to your very informative site. My name is Lois and I am an old gal with a just 3 YO painted turtle named Greenie. Not very original, I know, but my last name is Greene, so....... Anyway I hatched Greenie from an egg his young and I guess inexperienced Mom laid on my driveway. She laid 8 eggs but he/she was the only one to hatch after I placed all the eggs in a large soil filled flower pot. I live in the woods so I was afraid if I buried them in the ground the other forest creatures would find and eat them. Anyway he just turned 3 this month. He lives in my back porch in a 55 gallon Rubbermaid container. He is a total pig and would eat 24/7 if I let him. He is the cutest little creature and makes me smile. That is worth so much! I appreciate so much all I have learned from reading the posts here. I learned today how to make the jello shots and they are in the fridge. Hopefully he will get his veggies that way as he refuses to eat any. So again thanks and hopefully I can add something useful to your forum.
Loweern

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:49 pm   Re: New to turtles; New to forum

Hi Lois and Greenie, happy to have you on our forum!
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.