Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New to Forum

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:16 pm   New to Forum

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I look forward to reading all that you've shared so I can be a good turtle mom! We have just rescued 2 RES and are planning a permanent outdoor Turtletopia. We took a week to acclimate them to the outside world of sunshine and warm weather. They were friendly while in an aquarium but are skittish now. I know it will take time for them to adjust to their big (to them) new world. I believe they are at least 10 yrs old and are female.
Turtlellini

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:32 pm   Re: New to Forum

Welcome to the forum! Hoping to see and hear more about Turtletopia! Where were they rescued from? How big will Turtletopia be?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:39 pm   Re: New to Forum

The turtles were rescued from a too small aquarium by the veterinarian I work for. I brought them home to have a good home with us. They are loving life in our hot tub. Yes, we cleaned it thoroughly 3 times before putting fresh water in and making sure it was tested good for no bromide. Turtltopia is in the planning stage in my head. It will have a beach entry sloping to about 2-3 ft deep with a corrigagted pvc shade area. Not sure what to use for the dry area for them to walk around outside their pond.
Turtlellini

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:33 pm   Re: New to Forum

Having a bank for them is good, though they don't normally roam around on land. You'll also want some partial shade for them.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.