Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: what did you name your turtle?

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:21 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle? **NEW MEMBER

Hi! I just joined the forum as for my daughter's 9th birthday we are granted her wish for a turtle. She has done extensive research on turtles and have asked for a red ear slider. She has decided to name him Yoda (she loves Star Wars). She is always bullied at school, she is a petite little thing in 3rd grade with glasses but is so very smart. With Yoda she plans to do reports, care for him, document his movements, growth, his feedings, and how he changes, his climate (control and responses) - all her idea :-) I wanted to join the forum for help as I only her up with a family dog for a pet and know nothing of turtles. I am not sure that Petco is the best place. I contacted ASU, my place of employment and and few Highschools and they suggested that I purchase Yoda from turtleshack [not reputable].com, which I did, and Yoda arrives on Friday, I am nervous BEYOND ANYTHING. So I may post questions and hope, as a turtle loving community I can look to real life help and not just the internet. We have a tank, filter, replacement filter, UV lamp, basking lamp, and water conditioner, a log, and 2 smal little dishes, and rocks already and will purchase the hatchling food pellets from the local pet store (any suggestions?). I know the Turtle shack said it will send a care sheet with Yoda, but was going to get Claire (my daughter), a book about caring for the turtle in the beginning and figure out the progression of food from pellets upwards.

I appreciate any suggestions :-)

Thanks!
Brittney Cooper
YodatheTurtle

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:05 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Welcome to the forum! Do you have a picture of the setup? You don't need water conditioner or dishes. If you picked up a kit, I would return it. Omega One is a pretty good pellet, and Reptomin Baby is alright.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:04 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

We dont need a conditioner???? Really??? It said it was required or we would KILL the turtle!!!!
YodatheTurtle

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:38 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I named her velvet
Nikitha Venkiteela

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:34 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Hi there. I have 2 red eared sliders. One was a 'rescue' and the other purchased at a pet store. The rescue was actually found on the beach by a friend of mine - she said it was twilight, the light was fading fast, and she was beach combing when she noticed a bunch of sea gulls around something squirming. Checking it out, it was a baby (seriously - size of a quarter!) turtle. The tide was coming in, too. She took it away from the gulls, put it in a large Tupperware container with fresh water, and turned to Facebook, announcing she had just saved this little guy, but had no idea what to do with it. I had had a RES before, and happened to have an extra tank, so she brought 'him' over and we set him up. She made one request - she had named him 'Sea Low Green' (as he was bright green, it was low tide and he was found by the sea...) so 'Sea Low' he is.

The second came about because we felt that little Sea Low was bored without a companion, so we happened to be in Los Angeles and found a pet store that sold legal size (over 4") turtles. We selected the smallest one there and asked what sex it was; the gal said "female." We brought 'her' home, put her in the tank with Sea Low...and it was obvious that 'he' was a 'she' as well (they have the same tails and claws.) So! We named the second turtle Jay She, and changed Sea-Low's name to 'She-Low.' They don't seem to mind.

Anyways, that's my turtle tail! :-)
metalhaid

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:53 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Yeah conditioner isn't required. I'm sorta frustrated that they force that stuff on to unsuspecting customers...
55 Gal(US) tank,
One Female Red Eared Slider
Name: Brixie
Bought on February 6th, 2011
Peva

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:51 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Hi Everyone!! :D

I'm new here!! I have two baby Red Eared Sliders at home. I've had them for about a week and a half now.
I see it's a pretty common name haha but their name's are Rocky and Spazz. Unfortunetly, I'm not sure about their genders yet :oops:

Spazz seems to get very worked up and loves to swim around and actually likes to swim right over Rocky!

It's been a learning experience, but they seem to be doing a lot better than the first few days I had them!

I cant wait to share stories and also get some help with keeping "my babies" healthy :D :mrgreen: :msgreen:
spazz731

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:23 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I have a RES called Evergreen, a razorback musk called Acorn and a common musk called Charcoal
1 RES Evergreen
1 Razorback Musk Acorn
1 Common Musk Charcoal ( Rest In Peace :cry:)
1 Red-Bellied Turtle Hermes
mythicalpet

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:10 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

My turtles name is Crush, he is a golden thread.
NickJP

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:45 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I caught one and named it Poseidon.
1 baby RES - Oliver
1 baby Rio Grande RES - Kye
TurtleKid05

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:26 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

dont cathch them from the wild, please. *EDIT* shut up old me
Last edited by Skippah on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 red eared slider
1 mutt
2 minnows
1 ranchu goldfish
3 sarassa comets
1 dojo loach?
3 zebra danios
1 betta
3 white clouds
3 harlequin rasboras
Skippah

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:54 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I'm new here too! Lol

I just got a red eared slider and i named him crush. After that turtle from nemo. My daughter loves that movie
1 RES named Crush...spoiled little reptile.....
superhippieman

Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:32 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I have 1 RES named olive and friend Poseidon :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P
1 baby RES - Oliver
1 baby Rio Grande RES - Kye
TurtleKid05

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:02 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I have 2 RES, Ai & Noa.
Ai is the brat who is the first one to swim up and meet you and try and grab your finger to nibble. And Noa is my quiet baby who is more shy and takes some time to come up and say hi. The best part of the day is when I get home from work both of them will just flab hyper actively. Or when I see them basking in they deck just chilling.
Ann1893

Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:57 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

2 RES , rocky and meep so cute!!!
rockyandmeep

PreviousNext

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.