Urgent Care :: Strange Turtle Poop

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:57 pm   

My girl has eaten one of her eggs before but I think she would be able to digest the shell thoroughly. As you noted, they're initially flexible (makes it easier to squeeze outta there)... good luck with this mystery!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:20 am   

I found the same thing in my turtle tank excpet the pieces were white. When I looked closer they were egg shell so I don't know if she ate the egg or if she laid it and then somehow busted it but I am positive it was eggshell. Hopefully it is the same with yours.
1 Pekin Duck- Bumby
1 Adult Midland Painted Turtle- Nyx
2 Hatchling Midland Painted Turtles- Gimli, Marvolo
1 Normal Gray Cockatiel- Egore
Bumby's Mom

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:04 pm   

Yeah, your turtle laid an egg and then bit it. My turtle does that all the time. When I called my vet about the green things, though, he said that her biting the eggs isn't going to cause her harm. But still, I take them out if I see them before she bites them. He didn't say that behavior was exactly beneficial for her, either.
RES: Harvey (she's a girl)
Size: 8"
Favorite Pastime: Dislodging her filter's intake tube and splashing water.
TomGirl

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:57 pm   Re: Strange Turtle Poop

Did you ever find out what it was from the vet? My turtle has the same type of poop, quite a lot and I think it might be from eating eggs too. Thanks!
Philbertlovestoeat

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:51 am   Re: Strange Turtle Poop

Philbert you tacked on to a 10 year old post back in 2007 may not get answer from that person ?
May want to watch dates or start a new topic? As the answer , could be the same in the responses above (eaten her eggs or maybe eaten lots of a cuttlebone especially if the backing was still on it).
litefoot

Previous

Return to Urgent Care