Urgent Care :: RES is lethargic, making retching noises and making bubbles

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:16 am   RES is lethargic, making retching noises and making bubbles

I have had my RES for at least 15 years and almost everything I know is from online. As of recently he's been very lethargic and his limbs have been jittery off and on. I've taken him to the vet about 5 times so far (the last visit was to a new vet) and the 1st vet told me he had calcium deficiency and gave me medicine to give him orally (which he no longer is willing to take). The last vet I took him to did some blood work and she will give me an update once they run some tests. He is almost always on his basking area and he just stretches out his neck and lays there sometimes with his eyes open. He also hasn't been eating either, I've put food in the water and he will make like he is going toward it sort of snap at it, but he won't really eat it. I've also found him making retching noises and he keeps opening his mouth underwater and making noises like he wants to vomit. I am looking for some suggestions on what the issue could be. He's like my little child and so far he does not seem to be improving so any suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you!
aturner0

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:21 pm   Re: RES is lethargic, making retching noises and making bubb

I'm not sure what the problem is, hopefully the blood test can give you some answers. Any physical symptoms? I would try enticing with some live prey and get him to eat something. There's also a Pedialyte soak if you want to try it.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care