Urgent Care :: Help - RES cracked shell! Possible captive or abandoned.

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:12 pm   Help - RES cracked shell! Possible captive or abandoned.

I live in a pretty surbuban area.. as I was driving, I saw her walking in the middle of the street! I was watching a few videos and this is a believe a female RES.

I have zero experience on taking care of turtles.

I currently have her in a 40 gallon PLASTIC bin. I am unable to afford a vet and I am not sure what to do. ):

Link to photos - http://imgur.com/a/a9Aod
Freeze-

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:40 am   Re: Help - RES cracked shell! Possible captive or abandoned.

Looks somewhat healed but hard to tell. Though I would still take her to a vet or a rehabber. They should be able to treat and release... make sure they know where you found her.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 am   Re: Help - RES cracked shell! Possible captive or abandoned.

steve wrote:Looks somewhat healed but hard to tell. Though I would still take her to a vet or a rehabber. They should be able to treat and release... make sure they know where you found her.

Good morning Steve,

Thank you very much for your quick reply and will do.

By any chance do you know what that hole is on her the bottom of her undershell?

I also saw her eat some pallets this morning.

Kindest Regards,
Brian
Freeze-

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:55 pm   Re: Help - RES cracked shell! Possible captive or abandoned.

Probably infections. If the carapace (top shell), then she might have been attacked.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care