Urgent Care :: White all on his shell (worried please help)

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:34 pm   White all on his shell (worried please help)

My baby RES is worrying me as for a month or two I had wrong lighting ( I have proper uva and uvb light now ) but when I take him out and let him wonder around my room as his shell dries up that is when his whole back gets full of white marks.
Luke donaldson

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:21 pm   Re: White all on his shell (worried please help)

Any pictures?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:18 pm   Re: White all on his shell (worried please help)

Yes , pictures when dry.

Can't tell without the pic's....If you can't post pictures I would rule out one thing. Try white distilled vinegar on tip of cloth rub gently on a dry shell , do this for two days at least once a day twice better, if coming off its mineral deposits from hard water. Then all can be adjusted for that hard water , easy. If not we go from there hopefully with pic's?
litefoot

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:14 am   Re: White all on his shell (worried please help)

There is his shell with the white spots
Attachments
IMG_1145.JPG
White patches always appear on his shell
Luke donaldson

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:46 am   Re: White all on his shell (worried please help)

Looks like fungus. Best to treat it aggressively and make sure your habitat is setup correctly because it becomes more difficult to treat as it gets worse or reoccurs. Can you get any silver sulfadiazine cream? It's a topical ointment but you need a prescription in the US for it.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care