Urgent Care :: My RES turtle is urinating greenish yellow piss!!

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:59 am   My RES turtle is urinating greenish yellow piss!!

Hi all.. I faced a problem recently regarding my red eared slider turtle since from 5 days ago I see it's urinary is greenish yellow colored but its activities are still the same it can eat and move without problems and its appetite is still the same and the only thing different about it is that it goes somewhere in the room and digs woth its hands and legs as if it wants to lay eggs but there is nothing and after it does that for like 2 or 3 minutes it leaves and acts normal again so what's the problem with it and is it urgent? Please answer me asap
Fahadeagle

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:55 am   Re: My RES turtle is urinating greenish yellow piss!!

What size and sex is the turtle? You call your turtle an it ?
You say both front and back , hands and legs , the females I had would only use there back legs to dig for nesting. Could be just doing a turtle thing? Could just want to escape the room. I would keep observing and watch if any eggs in the water if it is a female.

Greenish pee , what have you feed it exactly for the past week ? Asparagus or peas can cause that and they also would be a bad diet for a turtle !
litefoot

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:45 pm   Re: My RES turtle is urinating greenish yellow piss!!

it is a female and I call her "it" because it is not a human xD ... also when she digs she uses her frontal legs then digs with her back legs and then stands for few seconds vibrating lol but then it digs with its back legs again and then it goes normal... she doesn't do that when she is in water but only when she is at dry surface.. till now she didn't lay any eggs but if she lays legs would she put them in water? or on land? .. also for her diet I am feeding her the same as I used to the day I got her from boiled carrots and small shrimps :D I feed her everyday like twice so is that okay?
Fahadeagle

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:02 pm   Re: My RES turtle is urinating greenish yellow piss!!

A female can be gravid without a male ,eggs will be unfertilized. Most man made nesting boxes do not work ( they are very picky) and sometimes they might lay a few eggs in the water , eat them or retain them. It's likely that you need to provide a nesting site so she can lay the entire clutch. It is important for her to lay her eggs naturally. A lot on this forum found there yard is the best place or garden , and watch closely but give some privacy. She will pick her spot. If she's not offered a suitable place she may hold them and egg binding occurs which can cause death. May need more than one walk in the yard , some turtles can make you work at this.

You may want to look at feeding and nutrition on this forum for some ideas. Also read any comments that go with them. She is older now and her diet should be well varied , balanced and nutritious. Shrimp is more a treat and should only be offered as a treat. This time of her life should be 50-70% veggies now. Also once a day is better and use the 2/3's rule for the protein side and veggies say red lettuce a piece the size of her shell is good.

2/3's rule // if the head was hollow (not neck to) what will fill that 2/3's space on the protein side. Some use the whole hollow head size , not me . With veggies every day ! It's better to under feed than over feed for her health. Turtle hide health problem very well even to a Herp Vet.

Any pictures , does you non -human friend have a name ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:15 am   Re: My RES turtle is urinating greenish yellow piss!!

I don't call it anything :D ...
Fahadeagle

Return to Urgent Care