Urgent Care :: Turtle don't eat

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:24 am   Turtle don't eat

Hi! I have a Indian star tortoise about 5 years old. And now he reject his foods and shake his head up and down. Also he is not active as usual. I dont konw what to do and hope a quick reply!
Turtbro

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:52 pm   Re: Turtle don't eat

I don't think there are any Indian star tortoise keepers here. Is he kept warm?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:58 am   Re: Turtle don't eat

I don't have one but I am very used to them, a lot of people I know have them. But very limited knowledge, you will have a better chance to find out what's wrong with him on the appropriate forum, not a RES one. ;)

Where do you live? Is he outside or inside? Did the temperature dropped to an unusual degree recently? Was there any changes in his environment?
PokePony

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:33 am   Re: Turtle don't eat

Sorry for the late... About talking temperature it's the Southwest monsoon for Sri Lanka. So I think there was a little temperature dropped. But as i think that's the only thing got changed.
Turtbro

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:13 am   Re: Turtle don't eat

Tortoises can lose appetite when it's cold. Maybe it's that. Some vitamins could also help, but you're gonna have to talk to a professional for that. If he is inside, it can also be that he doesn't received enough light.

What does he normally eats? You could try to entice him with bright coloured fruits, things like that.

If the problem persists he could also be sick, so again you might want to consider going to the vet.
PokePony

Return to Urgent Care