Urgent Care :: Female turtle's hole of tail opened and frequent urination

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:02 am   Female turtle's hole of tail opened and frequent urination

Hello.

I've got a problem with my female red ear slider, she's not to big, she's like my palm and she's about 10 years old.

About 1 month ago she began moving her [---] and scratching her back feet on the floor. I noticed that every time she was doing this, she was urinating on my floor.

She stopped this behavior.

Now I notice that her hole is opened more than usual and she often urinates. It smells bad and she can't do feces.
She doesnt eat and she is not in a high mood as my male turtle who is hungry and loves the sun.

I dont know what's happening!

About two-three months ago my female turle bited my male turtle in the genitals and I spent too much money for the pet doctor. Now my female is sick.

Please help me!
GreekSlider

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:37 am   Re: Female turtle's hole of tail opened and frequent urinati

It sounds like there might be an obstruction. It could be something she has eaten or calcified eggs, but it doesn't sounds good. Have the turtles been separated?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:58 am   Re: Female turtle's hole of tail opened and frequent urinati

steve wrote:It sounds like there might be an obstruction. It could be something she has eaten or calcified eggs, but it doesn't sounds good. Have the turtles been separated?

I separate them especially the night I sleep. I dont think theres any problem with this anymore.

I think youre right about obstruction. Maybe she ate some bad turtle sticks! Yesterday she ate just 1 stick and this with great effort. Today nothing. The only positive is that today it seems she hasn't any bad urination but she hasnt eaten anything. I threw sticks and she didnt want to eat.

Tea? Chamomile? Any solution?
Please help!
GreekSlider

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:03 pm   Re: Female turtle's hole of tail opened and frequent urinati

Males usually don't let up, and I've never seen it go away after it has started. Anyway old methods to help a constipated turtle include warm water soaks and offering some pellets with a little mineral oil.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:09 am   Re: Female turtle's hole of tail opened and frequent urinati

steve wrote:Males usually don't let up, and I've never seen it go away after it has started. Anyway old methods to help a constipated turtle include warm water soaks and offering some pellets with a little mineral oil.

I found a huge egg inside my turtle's water. I cant believe how this huge thing came out of her tail.

I hope Im not a murderer. It cracked but it didnt have any turtle baby inside, but something like the egg we eat.

She's still not in a good mood. She doesnt like walking and doesnt want to eat.
GreekSlider

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:12 am   Re: Female turtle's hole of tail opened and frequent urinati

I hope I didnt murder! Im feeling bad. Should I let the egg to develop instead of throwing it in the trash? What did I do?!

I dont have any sand. If turtle lays another egg can I put it inside the dust of my plants?
GreekSlider

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:11 pm   Re: Female turtle's hole of tail opened and frequent urinati

Go ahead and toss the egg. Incubating an egg is not too hard, but you would need to get some supplies. It's possible she's got more in her.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care