Urgent Care :: I have a problem with my turtle, and I can't figure it out

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:13 pm   I have a problem with my turtle, and I can't figure it out

Can someone please tell me what's wrong with my lady here. I'm asking because I won't be able to see a vet until later in the week, and this problem is not getting any better. A couple weeks ago, I noticed that my turtle started to look a little brused near her nose. Because this happened to her before and she completely recovered, I didn't think too much about it. But now I'm noticing that it's different. This seems to be getting worse and it has recently forced the eye shut. It opened again, but now it looks a little swollen, and it's bleeding and I'm just worried. Does it look like it can be an infection? Do you think these are bruises that come from fighting? I say that because she lives with another turtle, and it seems that they've been pretty rowdy lately. But they've lived together for so many years, without any fighting. But really, I'm just looking for suggestions. I need to make time, and save money for a visit to the vet, and I want to see what I can do in the meantime.
Attachments
IMG_0999[1]-min.jpg
mozardthebest

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:33 pm   Re: I have a problem with my turtle, and I can't figure it o

I would immediately separate them. Even if this was not caused by fighting (though it's likely it was) it could be contagious. Once aggression sets in, it will not stop but only happen again. As for any treatment, I would try some dry docking first and see how it goes after a few hours. But again, you need to permanently separate them before injuries become worse.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care