Urgent Care :: My turtle ate a rock, now this is coming out of his Tail!

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:59 pm   My turtle ate a rock, now this is coming out of his Tail!

[vid] https://imgur.com/gallery/vnyZJO5[/vid]
HELP! My turtle had rocks in his tank up until about a week ago when we learned he could eat them. He actually ended up eating one sometime before that but I don’t know how long ago he ate it, and if there is more that he ate. He pooped one out today, but when he poops that weird thing comes out of his tail. What is that? How do we fix it? I am scared to feed him right now because I know he is going to poop and every time he poops it comes back out. Do I feed him? (This is a red eared slider)
Frostyy

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:07 pm   Re: My turtle ate a rock, now this is coming out of his Tail

Are you certain you have a male? Males would sometimes expose their penis, and it does not quite look like this. From that angle, it looks like you have a female and I'm not sure what kind of prolapse this is. Possible intestinal prolapse. The best bet now is to get an x-ray by a vet and see if there are any blockages. I would not feed or feed just a minimal amount until this is sorted out.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:02 pm   Re: My turtle ate a rock, now this is coming out of his Tail

Well they said that he might have a few more rocks or something blocking and they are doing xrays now. If he ate more rocks do you think he might die? I have had him since I was 7
Frostyy

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:34 pm   Re: My turtle ate a rock, now this is coming out of his Tail

If your turtle can pass them, then there's good chance for survival.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care