Urgent Care :: Finally found a turtle but it doesnt look really healthy!!

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:07 pm   Finally found a turtle but it doesnt look really healthy!!

Hello guys,

First of all I wish you a happy new year and hope that 2021 will be a good year and all the bad stuff were left behind in 2020. Finally after months of search I was able to find a turtle in Albania as well as being really pumped and happy about it I'm a bit concerned about it because the turtle has an injurie/ lump on its neck, some white spots on his shell and I think its tail is cut off.

I'm attaching some photos below if you guys can give me some help or advice because here in Albania they dont know the slights things about turtles they keep them in really small containers with 7 other turtles with no heater no filter and feed them only dried shrimps.

Btw the turtle is yellow belied slider
Attachments
IMG-20210115-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20210115-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20210115-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20210115-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20210115-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210115-WA0001.jpg
Qorrizinjo

Post Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:26 pm   Re: Finally found a turtle but it doesnt look really healthy

Hey, Happy New Year!

I couldn't make out any lumps on the neck, or any white spots from the pictures. It's possible the tail was nipped at, but looks OK from the pictures. Main thing for you to do is keep water temps consistent, feed a good diet (do not overfeed as it easily can happen) and maybe most importantly, come up with a name :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:25 am   Re: Finally found a turtle but it doesnt look really healthy

what about its neck the swollen part from the 2 and 3 photo and as for the white spots they are located on the mid right section of the upper shell its the most visible on the 3 photo.
Qorrizinjo

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:01 am   Re: Finally found a turtle but it doesnt look really healthy

It does look a little swollen but hard to tell if its out of the ordinary. The white could be the start of something fungal, but it's also hard to tell at this point. Some RES in the past have had similar marks, but the best thing you can do is have a correct setup and see if it turns out to be something identifiable.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:14 pm   Re: Finally found a turtle but it doesnt look really healthy

hello guys turtle update here i gave the turtle to my brother who can take better care of it and decided to get another on for my self i went to the store and got the last one there it looked pretty fine no injuries or anything apart from some white spots and a blackish spot on the lower right side of the upper shell im attaching some photos below so please help me so i can take care of this little guy
Attachments
IMG_4268 (1).jpg
IMG_4267 (1).jpg
Qorrizinjo

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:06 pm   Re: Finally found a turtle but it doesnt look really healthy

Not sure what it could be, but the advice is same as before. Make sure the setup is correct (basking lamp, uvb, heater, filter, etc). Keep note if its soft, changes color or spreads.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care