Urgent Care :: Orange Spots / Streaks

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:05 pm   Orange Spots / Streaks

Hello Everyone, today I noticed that Michael (yeah I know) had orange spots in his collar area around his neck, I am not sure if this is blood or what it might be. It also looks like maybe blood, a bit more red around the bottom of his shell by his neck. I also looked at his legs and they have the same orange streaks. On some parts of his shell there are the orange spots as well. I am trying to find an exotic vet to take him too that will actually help him - I have heard horror stories. I took a lot of pictures - should I be more concerned than I already am? I could not find much info on what the orange spots could be. Also, on his neck he did have a white slime which I think he must have some how injured and it was healing. The orange streaks show up better when I turn the flash on. Sorry in advanced for not know the correct anatomy terms.

I was unable to upload all of the photos due to size restrictions - please see the google photo album link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FwY7zNUxZm1UwHR99

White part on his neck
20210203_153202.jpg

Inside his collar / neck - google photos has a better picture with flash that shows the orange
20210203_153342.jpg

see near neck area
20210203_153530.jpg

-Al
safetypaws

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:00 am   Re: Orange Spots / Streaks

Hi Al, when you mention collar, do you mean the skin or shell? The one near his arm looks mostly like dried skin or callous, which shouldnt be a problem. Do you know how old he is?
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care