General Care Discussion :: Feeder Guppies.

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:47 pm   

I now have a ton of guppies, in fact I have a separate tank for some of them because there were too many in with Louis and DaVinci, and NONE have been eaten!!!! I have a bunch of babies and not too many places to hide, but it doesn't seem to matter, they still don't get eaten!!!! Hopefully the turtle will eventually figure it out, but for now it appears that I have become a guppy breeder. ARGH!!
Two RES, 2 Snails (+ a new addition; our snails had sexy time, Humphrey Slogart), 1 Pleco, a bunch of guppies, 5 Goldfish, One very large fluffy black dog, and 2 people
jada311

Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:55 pm   

Knows how u feel... Bought 3 male and 3 female guppy yesterday .. Throw it into the tank with the 2 RES I have.

Today I saw baby Guppies... counted about 20 ! luckily still Dai Q and Sai Q hunts them down. ehehehe :P
Karhneg aka Steve C
Master of :

2 RES ~ Dai Q and Sai Q
7 Guppy ~ food for Dai Sai Q :P
1 Sucker fish ~ the aquarium vacumn cleaner
karhneg

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:56 am   

Well I will probably start buying guppies again since I'm getting 2 baby turts tomorrow. I use to feed my Large Female large goldfish, but their is no point to what I understand.

Quarantine question-

How long do I have to quarantine guppies? I'll probably put them in one of those small plastic animal cages and fill it with water.
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
Linus

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:34 am   

Usually about a week should be enough to tell whether they have any diseases.

Also, guppies typically need heated water, especially if you are going to put them into your heated turtle tank. If you don't, the change in water temps could kill them. You could also just exchange the water with tank water so they are used to it before you add them to your turtle tank.
1 RES, Spike (In new home with 1xPleco, 1xRed Zebra Cichlid, 1xYellow Lab Cichlid)
2 Cats, Blossom & Panda
2 Tropical tanks (plecos, platies, tetras)
2 Handsome Blue Bettas, Blueberry & ?
1 Bright Red Betta, Strawberry
1 Feeder guppy breeding tank
Fuzzy Hamster

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:07 pm   

i've had one rosey left for a bit now usually just hides in my tank. but when i came home today i caught tupac with the fish in his mouth but he only had him by the tail. the fish got away but he was bleeding, but he still had alotta fight left in him. will he recover from his injuries or wll he be a floater soon?
CoReY
Tupac(RES)
Jules and Vinny(juvie RES)
Apollo(Black lab\Rottie)
Duke(Great Dane)
Lucy and Jane(leopard geckos)
TupacTheTurle

Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:27 pm   

Probably end up being a floater.
1.0.0 RES-Slash
1.2.0 Cat-Abby/Cali/Nemo
0.1.0 Yorkie-Lucie
1.0.0 Jack Russell Terrier-Cooper
I have lots of ideas! Trouble is, most of them suck!
PcBuilder14

Post Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:36 am   

TupacTheTurle wrote:i've had one rosey left for a bit now usually just hides in my tank. but when i came home today i caught tupac with the fish in his mouth but he only had him by the tail. the fish got away but he was bleeding, but he still had alotta fight left in him. will he recover from his injuries or wll he be a floater soon?

Pickle eats the tails off the Rosies all the time. Usually it slows them down enough that they end up being dinner, but one time she bit the whole tail clean off one but it still managed to stay away from her. It grew back its entire tail (!!!) and now its a perfectly normal healthy fish still swimming around in her tank.
1.0.0 RES
1.0.0 Russian Tortoise
0.1.0 Eastern Box Turtle
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
1.0.0 Pyxie Frog
0.1.0 White's Tree Frog
0.1.2 Parakeets
1.3.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Cat
imderanged

Previous