General Care Discussion :: Yet another CBS's. General Questions

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:36 am   Re: Yet another CBS's. General Questions

Out of the two this is better for UVB BUT lets face it the heat from a fluorescent is no where what you need for a turtle so I would suggest this one with another regular incandescent bulb for the heat , just make sure it ( incandescent) does not get wet , cheap and breaks easy if got wet.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ultravi ... st=ae803_2

That other one yes "some" heat but as stated above not enough with fluorescent's for heating a turtles ! This other one is also a lot larger it's 200 watts and cost more . Watch the specifics on bulbs. On fluorescent the more coils the higher the wattage . Your are comparing a 3 coil to a 5 coil and one must watch how a company rates bulbs and or words used.
litefoot

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:47 pm   Re: Yet another CBS's. General Questions

I'd also be wary of the bulbs themselves. You'd hope they're actually releasing the advertised UVB, but the only way to make sure is by testing it with some equipment. Might not be practical. I think that's why UVB bulbs are suggested to be from well known companies.
rambologic

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:50 pm   Re: Yet another CBS's. General Questions

Absolutely agree with rambologic. Is it feasible to import them, maybe from HK?
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Care Discussion