General Care Discussion :: Baby Turtle Enjoys Getting Stuck, advice?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:13 pm   Baby Turtle Enjoys Getting Stuck, advice?

So let me start with this. This baby turtle can be summed up in one work, Stubborn. At least that’s my conclusion.

So, let me begin a summary of the situation. If he can wedge himself in a tight space, he will, if he can’t, he will try.

For example , I have a rock in the tank that is leaned against a wall. Plenty of space on the other side of it for him to go around, however, instead of simply going around the rock, he seems to come to the conclusion that the rock can move for him instead of him moving the rock, swimming nonstop into the corner until he somehow manages to fit himself nicely through the crevice that is somehow just wide enough for him to go through, so what do I do? Of course i move the rock a bit, so it’s easier for him to go through. Apparently that didn’t help much, I then find him charging into yet another tight space, the pocket between the heater and filter intake. I resolve this by moving the heater to the side a smidge. Next,, I find him charging headfirst into the space between the INTAKE guard, and the wall, trying to somehow fit into a space only my ghost shrimp could dream of fitting through.

There is a log tunnel too, which he prefers to not walk all the way through , which would be easier for him, but instead turn tail in the small space and go out the way he came.

Advice? Or is my turtle just messing with me at this point?
ScorchedDragon

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:18 pm   Re: Baby Turtle Enjoys Getting Stuck, advice?

NO , your turtle is just being a turtle and trying to tell you what "he" wants ! It's a snapper ! Loves to make or create difficulties for his hiding spots to fool it's prey ! He is the best ambusher on the planet. If he can make it's prey think no way a turtle is hiding there then he done his job to ambush it. Turtle's are very smart they know what they want , you are messing him up on his plan to hunt by moving things the want you want. Remember I told you this about snappers ! Haven't done any readings on snappers I see. If you go to a snapper forum they will confirm what I have been saying. Do this for your turtle to be happy and healthy.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:20 pm   Re: Baby Turtle Enjoys Getting Stuck, advice?

Alright, thank you very much for the advice!
ScorchedDragon

Return to General Care Discussion