Habitat - Indoor :: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:37 pm   Above stock tank and above aquarium basking areas

If anyone needs info on where they can get above tank basking areas, they can send me a messege.
2 RES-Sparky M 6.0 and Spike F 9.0
1 Beardie- F Nubbin
1 Pictus Gecko- F Necko
6 Fire Bellied Toads-3 M 3 F
scripta_elegans

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:52 am   

Here are my pics of my tank, basking area and Squirtle the turtle. I hope you enjoy them.

flsprophet

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:07 pm   

Here's Sidney's latest habitat:
Kingpin Gwin

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:27 pm   

Your turts look so happy! I love the tank set up too. Thanks for sharing! :)
grandmadoes

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:41 pm   

Love that basking area. :D Aren't all those rocks a lot of work?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:22 pm   

marisa wrote:Love that basking area. :D Aren't all those rocks a lot of work?

Thanks.
I've never thought the rocks were a lot of work. Seems easier than gravel to me. I think the angle of the photo makes it look like there are more than is really there. There's only a little over a layers worth.
Kingpin Gwin

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:30 pm   

I don't think you have to worry about these turts drowning. They are great swimmers and plus these turts look like adults.
Till Next Time,

Ronn

1 RES--Lil' Timmy
RonnWilliams

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:35 pm   

For those that have cork bark as the basking area. Is it easy for your RES to climb on to it? I also saw a pick where the cork bark end was slanted down, like a little ramp, can the cork bark be bent like that?
1 RES- ROCKY... my boyfriend found him on the streets of Jackson Heights, NY... he's my lil ninja turtle!
ILUV_Rocky

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:50 am   

I think there's usually enough of a natural curve on the sides for them to climb up on.
I used a large piece that I layed across the top support of my tank.
Then I wedged a piece in the tank up next to it at an angle for a ramp.
He gets up there easily.
Kingpin Gwin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:00 pm   

Hey guys, look at my idea of an above tank basking area here: http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewt ... 815#162815

I made it up myself! (which is a really good start considering I have no creativity whatsoever)
~Bently11~
1 RES turtle Bentley
RIP George the RES
1 Bearded Dragon Duke
1 African Clawed frog Whizz
1 Havanese dog Buddy
bently11

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:28 pm   

wow thx guys! i see some great basking area goin on but do any of you know where to buy those plastic egg crates cuz that's wat i am plannig on to put of the basking area but still no clue where to buys them
oh and what do i use to make them attached to the tank and will it be difficult when i wash my tank because of the basking area! hELP!
vivian89

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:29 pm   

wow thx guys! i see some great basking area goin on but do any of you know where to buy those plastic egg crates cuz that's wat i am plannig on to put of the basking area but still no clue where to buys them
oh and what do i use to make them attached to the tank and will it be difficult when i wash my tank because of the basking area! hELP! :D
vivian89

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:33 pm   

oh and what do i use to make them attached to the tank and will it be difficult when i wash my tank because of the basking area! hELP! :D :)
vivian89

Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:07 pm   raphael basking. where's hulk?!

while im working on raphael and hulk's above tank basking area, i used some spare egg crate i had to block raphael from getting out....frustration. i come downstairs to see how they are doing and there raphael is, the little piece of mishief HALFWAY out of his tank and ready to make a run for it.

This is raphael doing it again, but didnt get far because i caught him in the act. har har har:

jailtime
-Gabe:D

1.0.1 RES - Raphael & Speedy Claxter

Egg Crate: (n.) turtle owner's best friend, (2) also known as light diffuser, (3) found in local hardware stores in the lighting section
Raphulk

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:27 pm   

look who's upgrade just got finished

-Gabe:D

1.0.1 RES - Raphael & Speedy Claxter

Egg Crate: (n.) turtle owner's best friend, (2) also known as light diffuser, (3) found in local hardware stores in the lighting section
Raphulk

PreviousNext

Return to Habitat - Indoor