Habitat - Indoor :: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:18 pm   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My biggest issue is the thermometer says 70° Till i turn on the heat lamp then it drops to 40°???? Weird
1 RES Name: Ruby Slider (Female)
thedorment

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:19 pm   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used a digital thermometer so water is 78° and basking area is 90°
1 RES Name: Ruby Slider (Female)
thedorment

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:24 am   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does the thermometer have probe? Those inexpensive ones are very unreliable.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:14 pm   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have three small RES that received an upgrade to their tank when baby number three made his way from my backyard to my tank. Previously I had a 30 gal and everyone was happy, but I know they'll grow way too big for that, so got a 75 Gal. I love light, so spent a chunk on some quality LED lighting, in addition to the fluorescent light that came with the tank, and of course the UVB that came with the 30 gal turtle habitat setup. I'd love to add an ATBA, and have just the guy to make it for me, but in 18 or so pages of awesome ATBA's I've seen only two or three that have any above tank lighting. Is there just no way to achieve that, or is it a matter of taste? I can imagine I'd have to create a ramp with sides to keep the turtles from climbing on the lights. maybe acrylic that dips into the tank at least as deep as the ramps dips when they climb on, and have the basking area raised above the lights to give them some *breathing* room. Do you think that would work, or is there some huge safety issue I'm missing here?

This is my current setup.
Attachments
IMG_3578.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG
Last edited by Lori Kelso on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lori Kelso

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:30 am   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, hours later, I've found it! On Youtube liamlunchtray - Above Tank Basking Area Details. I'd love to provide the link, but apparently 5 am is not my smart time of day.
Lori Kelso

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:34 am   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sedge's topper is finished! A friend did the woodwork for me. Platform is a tile, and the ramp is little mosaic tiles glued together with aquarium glue. Plexiglass is cut to fit a larger tank so that when I upgrade, I don't need to buy more plexiglass. We just need to add some wood pieces or recut some.

Last edited by Kingbird44 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingbird44

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:22 am   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:53 pm   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone with the Glasscages.com basking tank:

Is the basking platform/ramp removable/movable? Reason I'm asking is my center bracing on my tank is flanked on each side with glass. So not sure if I can adjust where it sits.
suryjuto

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:14 am   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should be removable. Are you only looking into the ramp?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now that's my only concern, Steve. The point at which the ramp starts to slope downwards, based off of the pictures I've seen, seems to indicate it will hit the glass that is on each side of the bracing. If the position of the ramp is adjustable, I may be able to slide it accommodate the glass bracing while leaving a small gap at the end of the platform.
suryjuto

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:30 pm   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if you're going to order from them, it will be good to ask them and test their customer service. If this going on an existing tank, then it would be a custom job so you will need to reach out to them anyway.

Can you post a picture of your tank?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:52 pm   PIGGLEY's Remodeled basking area

Different RES now so changed thing's up a little. First photography is not a hobby. Wanted some kind of creek / river action , this is what I came up with. May stay may go I'll give it a couple months for Piggley to try out.

https://youtu.be/VvD7-StKjCQ

Then modified: https://youtu.be/HdkcG4ECD1g
Last edited by litefoot on Thu May 11, 2017 7:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:53 pm   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What size is that Rubbermaid ?
2 RES Males , God and Lucifer
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:58 pm   Re: POST YOUR BASKING AREA PICTURES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

150 gallon . But I only have 120 gallons of water in it for now since Piggley's only 5". When I had Mickey adult male RES 9" it was full , with the left side a 4'x2' basking area outside the tank held up by an old coffee table.
litefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Habitat - Indoor