Habitat - Indoor :: Basking area help

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:51 pm   Basking area help

Now that I have my tank, a nice 120 gal, I need to set up everything and I'm having a hard time finding cork bark in the right size. The tank is 48x24x24 and I want to use cork to make a basking area on one end but i can't seem to find pieces online that are actually big enough to wedge in there securely enough that it stays in place on its own. Could anyone help direct me to where i might find what i need? Are those pictures I see made of one huge chunk or do y'all use several pieces glued together to make it look like that??

If i can't find cork bark, I wouldn't mind using that plastic egg crate stuff I see a lot of people using but I'm not sure what exactly to be looking for to buy it online or how to securely set it up without using silicone. (Strong suction cups??)

I'm also open to other inexpensive alternatives that don't involve making permanent changes with silicone that will still be sturdy enough for my 7" girl
Sam_Wolfe

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:52 pm   Re: Basking area help

It would be tough to find... I actually had to order some by the box from a cork company. I would not recommend glueing pieces of cork bark. In the tank for my female, I use a combination of pvc and tile. It's the one pictured on the bottom: http://www.redearslider.com/custom_platforms.html
steve
Site Admin

Return to Habitat - Indoor