Habitat - Indoor :: How to protect filter parts / heater inside aquarium

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:09 pm   How to protect filter parts / heater inside aquarium

Hello all, Big Matilda has been quite destructive lately. She continues to chew apart the filter inlet screen (fluval) to where there's now just a big whole in it. She'll also pull the heater out of it's suction mounts and the protective cap falls off. Ugh! Any ideas on how to block her from accessing these things? They are both mounted vertically in the corner of her 90gal aquarium. I'm thinking of a screen of some sort, or clear PVC like pipes to block her. For now I use one of the large rocks to pin the filter in place. Any ideas would be appreicated, thanks!
matildatheturtle

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:06 pm   Re: How to protect filter parts / heater inside aquarium

I think a pvc pipe (with lots of holes drilled into it) can replace the inlet/tube. Using some clear tubing over it might work too, depends on the filter though. They also sell heater guards, but you can also make your own with pvc. A blocked off area can work to but will take away some tank space.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Habitat - Indoor