Habitat - Indoor :: Does this light provide UVB?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:27 pm   Does this light provide UVB?

I know this is going to seem extremely stupid and probably obvious, but I just haven't seen anything to confirm this. The Image I am linking (of a 75W Swamp Basking Spot by Exo Terra [I'll include a link to it online as well]) is so I can ask if this light provides UVB. I have a light providing what I believe is UVA (Heat, right? Got a standard heat lamp doing that) and I just need UVB. She's a Red Eared Slider and she's gone a few months with only the heat lamp, and I'm panicking that I've hurt my turtle very much. So all I want to know is if this bulb provides UVB. Thanks (http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/sw ... g_spot.php)
Attachments
bulb.jpg
This is the bulb in question
AgroTheIt

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:52 am   Re: Does this light provide UVB?

If a lamp provides UVB then it will provide UVA as well. It's clear on the website that this bulb doesn't provide any UVB. It's usually the case for basking lamps. You need to buy another lamp and a UVB bulb, it will be written on the box. :)
PokePony

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:17 am   Re: Does this light provide UVB?

And depending on the size of your turtle, you might want a flood-style bulb instead of spot, which can be pretty intense.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Habitat - Indoor