Habitat - Indoor :: filter upgrade

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:50 pm   filter upgrade

hello All! I am looking to upgrade my filter for a few reasons. First and foremost, my current filter does the job but wont in the future as my turtle is growing. Second is that the current one was bought with the tank and is aging where replacing hoses and parts will soon be more money as they no longer make the filter. SO I am looking for an affordable canister filter for a single male RES (2 inches currently and 1.5 years old) in a 90 gallon that I fill 50-60 percent with water. I am looking for something that will do the job for a few years and be able to handle some possible fish (2-4) in the future. Please I am not looking for something that will break the bank, just a nice low maintenance filter and is preferably quite as it is in my bedroom.
newcomerCDN

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:12 am   Re: filter upgrade

I have not used them at all, but Penn Plax Cascade canisters seem like a good value choice. Alternatively, Black Friday is coming up and last year many of us were able to get the FX6 for half off... outstanding deal if you act at the right time.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Habitat - Indoor