Habitat - Indoor :: New-ish to turtle care! How's my setup?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:44 am   New-ish to turtle care! How's my setup?

I have a 20 gallon tank with a heater, filter, and bubbler. My substrate is dirt and sand. I have a floating platform for turtle to bask in with a light on the side of tank. I have a few plants and some grasses and some fake ones. (So other creatures have hiding places.) I have a small moss wall, hoping to grow it to fit the back of tank for the background) and I threw some java moss balls in and stuck some to driftwood. I have 10 or so very small guppies, 4 snail's, a cleaner fish, and some shrimps. Dave is about an inch big. Cutest thing ever. My parents had red's when I was younger, they were solid as bricks. I know babies are more fragile. Is my water too deep? I plan on adding more fake plants (Dave likes to lay on the leaves in his current tank and sleep on them) So he'll have area's to pull himself onto besides platform. Current water temp is 79°f. I do have some small bubbles in tank atm, I think it's just because I just turned bubbler on and I conditioned the water when I filled it earlier.
I currently have him in a 7.5 gallon tank to make sure he's healthy, and to make sure that the other tank is settling well before I add him in, since I just set it up and I want him to enjoy it. And so far everything's good.
LADIITURTLE

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:55 am   Re: New-ish to turtle care! How's my setup?

I can't see the pic currently, but it sounds pretty good. Is Dave eating yet?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:01 am   Re: New-ish to turtle care! How's my setup?

Sounds good, and your set up looks amazing ! Looks so nice !! Natural looking tanks are always the best imo :)
PokePony

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:12 pm   Re: New-ish to turtle care! How's my setup?

I can see the pic now. Looks good. How is the UV/heat setup?
steve
Site Admin

Return to Habitat - Indoor