Habitat - Indoor :: Raising tank?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:17 pm   Raising tank?

Hi there! I'm a longtime lurker of this forum but never posted till today. I'm going to be upgrading my filter from internal to canister soon, but I know that for a canister filter the tank must be raised above the filter so that gravity can pull water down. I have a 55 gallon tank– one of the long and skinny ones– that's currently on the floor in my house, so I don't think the setup would work with what I have now. It's filled about 3/4 full. Do you guys know where I could find a smaller stand that will support my tank, one that's only a foot or so tall? I'm really short, so having a full-size aquarium stand will make replacing water and building a basking area really difficult in the future.
auroshen

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:49 am   Re: Raising tank?

The cheap/easy way is some cinder blocks to raise the tank. Other than that, you will need a custom one (often made of 2x4s).
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:13 pm   Re: Raising tank?

You can also look for sturdy furniture in your area, something that can support a lot of weight. Adding supports to the furniture where necessary can work. Custom is the way to go, though, if you want it to be how you want it.
rambologic

Return to Habitat - Indoor