Habitat - Indoor :: Green, cloudy water again, even after a water change

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:40 pm   Re: Green, cloudy water again, even after a water change

You may want to review all talked about from well to tank. It would help greatly if a nitrogen cycle was maintained. You are starting a cycle but with a nitrate reading today you state at (5) you are not maintaining the cycle ! What we do for our turtles when baby's does not work when they grow up. We must adjust all to fit there needs especially on what's needed for the waters parameters. Also as I talked about in the very beginning if you can't correct you can always just use a UV sterilizer properly sized for your tank , cloudy / green water solved !
litefoot

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:03 pm   Re: Green, cloudy water again, even after a water change

I got him from the Animal Shelter and he was noticeably an adult, seven or eight years ago. His colours were very faded and he was fairly big, I'm going to say, his shell was five inches, and now it's about 6, From that time til now, would his needs change? I have re-read through everything but I will read it again and make sure I haven't tried something I should.
Thanks again
War Is Not Healthy For Turtles And Other Living Things
turtlesrmom

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor