Habitat - Outdoor :: New little outdoor home for $20

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:20 am   Re: New little outdoor home for $20

SINI5T3R wrote:I want a Diamond back, they look so pretty but I dont have that much cash to spend on a single turtle. would be cool tho to catch a wild one of something.

Wild diamondbacks are the worse, other turtle usually will take to captive enviroments but wild diamondback dont at all. They usually never take to commercial turtle foods and often get skin and shell problems if not kept in brackish water like their used too.

Always get a captive bred dbt's and try for hatchlings, they can be housed in freshwater and love to eat the commercial turtle food. Adults are a little tricky. Some people say they are captive bred and they might not be. I know i have one wc for sure and another in question. The one that i know is wc will eat turtle pellets though haha, other wont.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:27 pm   Re: New little outdoor home for $20

so what do you feed it? just fish? and is brackish water like salt water? iv never went above fresh water fish lol...and dont know much about salfwater...
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:08 am   Re: New little outdoor home for $20

Basically brine shrimp and fish is all it will eat ._. Nah, not changing a whole setup into brackish. So far it seems fine. I have way overpowered filtration. So far seems have done well with me for first year.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
Diamondbacks4Life

Previous

Return to Habitat - Outdoor