Habitat - Outdoor :: List of Items needed for 125 Gal Preformed Pond

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:42 pm   List of Items needed for 125 Gal Preformed Pond

Can someone list items needed, including make and model, of what I will need to set up a preformed pond outside. Filters, pumps, etc...

I have the pond... from Home Depot. Nothing else though...

It is time...

Thanks in advance.

Mark
oothimus

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:57 pm   Re: List of Items needed for 125 Gal Preformed Pond

How many gallons is the pond? Will this be in-ground or above-ground?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:17 pm   Re: List of Items needed for 125 Gal Preformed Pond

Was planning to sink it at least half way.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100143407/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

this Beckett 65 in. x 65 in. Polyethylene Preformed Pond Liner is ideal for the foundation of a pond in your backyard. It is conveniently preformed and features a flat bottom so you can easily place it in the ground.

Polyethylene material
160-gallon capacity
For use as a pond liner in an outdoor water garden
Flat bottom for stable pump placement
Plant ledge for aquatic plants to rest upon
UV stable
Safe for fish and plants
MFG Brand Name : Beckett
MFG Model # : P160
MFG Part # : P160
oothimus

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:44 pm   Re: List of Items needed for 125 Gal Preformed Pond

I guess the most important thing to consider is the location. I don't have specific pond equipment to recommend, though you do have a lot of good choices. Some people make their own too. If you think your pond will get a lot of sun, consider a filter that can use a UVC filter too. A half in-ground pool sounds pretty cool with a lot of options...
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:03 pm   Re: List of Items needed for 125 Gal Preformed Pond

Hilarious... the pond is in ground and the turtle is funny as hell... she goes down deep and slooowly surfaces like a creature from the deep... just putting her in on warm days for now and only for a few hours while we are out there working etc. I am going to get one of the all in one filter, pump and uv sanitizers...

but tomorrow must build the fencing to keep her safe from raccoons.
oothimus

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:23 pm   Re: List of Items needed for 125 Gal Preformed Pond

This was taken 2 summers ago, but the only difference is lots more plants and a lil more water.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22816

btw, the top folds over to cover the whole pond.
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
Linus

Return to Habitat - Outdoor