Habitat - Outdoor :: help for my outdoor pond/tank

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:56 am   help for my outdoor pond/tank

hi,
i am from hyderabad, india. i have 2 RES and plan on making an artificial pond for them in our terrace garden. The temperatures here range from 50F in winters (about 2 months every year) to 115F in summers(about 3 months every year). Is it advisable to have an outdoor tank/ pond for them in these temperature. If so yes then do i need to take any precautions to ensure their well being. Also my RES are about 2 years old and healthy.. how many gallons or litres should my tank ideally be?

Thanks

Ashish
ashish sadhwani

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:41 pm   Re: help for my outdoor pond/tank

I feel that those temperatures would be too extreme unless the pond is quite large and deep. For indoor setups, it's recommended to have 10 gallons of water per 1 inch of shell length. For example, a single 10" turtle should have 100 gallon tank.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:03 am   Re: help for my outdoor pond/tank

Hi can you tell me where did you buy the turtle i have 1 red ear slider which was gifted to me when some one from my apartment were moving, they were gifted the res by someone so they dont know where it is from or how old is it. My res is 3 - 3 1/2 inch. I plan to buy one more, can you please tell me where we can buy in hyderabad.
ksjyothi18

Return to Habitat - Outdoor