Habitat - Outdoor :: Thinking of turning one of these into a turtle tank

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:39 am   Thinking of turning one of these into a turtle tank

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pet/2905304637.html

there 275 gallons, 120$ ech for food grade ones and 90$ for non food grade ones.

47"L X 40"W X 46"

What you guys think? you think it will matter if i get the non food grade ones? Im going to have the guy cut the very top off so i can get as much room out of it as possible. Im prob going to make some sort of floating basking area for them and it will be outside so wont need lights or anything. going to throw a CRAP load of minnows in it as well. may put a filter on it or something to keep the water clean.

Ideas are welcome!

Pictures

DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:03 am   Re: Thinking of turning one of these into a turtle tank

I think they look very nice. Classy.
I guess the food grade versus non-food grade really depends on what they were "hydroponic-ing" (new word) in them :)
I can't really tell, but it looks like one has a hinged top (?) If that were the case, I would keep the top on - open half in the summer (cover the glass on the other side so ti doesn't magnify). In the cold months it may help keep heat in.
Just a thought.
Great find!!!!!!
"I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights"
~ "Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories" by Dr. Seuss ~
penelope

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:40 pm   Re: Thinking of turning one of these into a turtle tank

Looks pretty interesting. They're already using the one in the second pic as an enclosure for something.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:53 pm   Re: Thinking of turning one of these into a turtle tank

yeah im going to make a sorta ATBA for it too. im going to have the top cut off at the very edges n im going to find a tube to connect to the water drain so i can put it over my fense so my whole yard ant wet. or water the lawn with it lol. it should turn out pretty good tho..
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R

Return to Habitat - Outdoor