Habitat - Outdoor :: Stock Tank + FX6 Filter + Water Level

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:11 pm   Stock Tank + FX6 Filter + Water Level

Hi

I am moving Yaddle's stock tank into the garage for the winter. I have a nice 1000 watt heater etc. The tank was outside for the summer and I just had a regular pond filter for circulation and replaced the water frequently.

My problem now is that I have a FX6 filter I bought a while back for this, but the instructions say the filter must be a certain distance below the water level. The stock tank is so big and heavy once filled, I see no easy way of raising it.

I put this in the outdoor forum because it seems more like a "pond" filtration issue.

Any ideas / solutions etc?

Thank you
Yaddle

Post Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:48 pm   Re: Stock Tank + FX6 Filter + Water Level

This is why I'm going with a pond type pressure filter for the "indoor pond" I'm in the process of building.

My original plan was to use an FX6 also, until I found out they need to be under the tank to properly purge.

Brian
brain55

Post Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:17 am   Re: Stock Tank + FX6 Filter + Water Level

Can you raise the stock tank? Use a few cinderblocks to get it up. When the filter is fully primed, it usually does not need to be under the tank but it does work more efficiently that way.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Habitat - Outdoor