Habitat - Outdoor :: Periods of constant rain on outdoor habitat

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:59 am   Periods of constant rain on outdoor habitat

Hello all. I just moved my slider to an outdoor habitat a few weeks ago and she seems to be doing fine, shevis about 4" long. I have her in a 110 gal rubber stock tank and she has a basking rock/area where she is able to get out and dry off. My question is how often must they get dry? Her basking area is not covered and i am in Houston...we are about to get into three straight days of rain. I checked on her this morning before I headed to work and she was laying on her basking rock in the rain..looked to be sleeping. Is this normal behavior? She normally sleeps in the water in one of her plants. I touched her shell just to be sure she was ok and her head popped out...so I left her alone. Thanks for any input.
RSteff

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:27 pm   Re: Periods of constant rain on outdoor habitat

She should be OK, sounds like she was pretty relaxed. There is no scientific amount for them to bask, but a few hours a day in which the shell can completely dry is ideal.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:58 am   Re: Periods of constant rain on outdoor habitat

Great! Thank you!
RSteff

Return to Habitat - Outdoor