Feeding and Nutrition :: just wondering what everyone else paid

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:42 pm   just wondering what everyone else paid

Today I went to the pet store and I got three small snails for 5 dollars a piece, the apple snails (the big snails) are 8 dollars a piece. I also got their last ghost shrimp for 99 cents. Was that a fair price?

I know the apple snails were lower in price compared to walmart's wonderful 15 dollars for a dead one.

But I was just wondering what the average was as I went to the ma and pa pet shop instead of going to petland because I like to support the ma and pa place more (plus they raise turtles there and actually know a lot about them compared to petland where I think they're kinda slow on the turtles and don't have any there at all)
She is mine and I shall call her Michelangelo!
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:54 pm   

i got my golden mystery snails for $1.28 each at both petsmart and wal-mart :P:P
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:24 pm   

I don't know what type these are..they all had different shell colors, the one though is really active, he's all over the place and he likes to cling to the side of the tank and the fake plants. I don't know where the other two went though or the shrimp....I think somebody might have gotten eaten....

I know the cheapest snail I saw at our walmart was 4 dollars and it kinda looked dead too as a fish was eating at it. I think our walmart holds the top spot in trying to sell dead things.
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:30 pm   

same thing here!!! lol!
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:10 pm   

Well I gotta admit petland was by far way cheaper. I bought four ghost shrimp there (took all they had left and one of the shrimp was HUGE!!!!!! He's not ghostly anymore, he turned blue!) And four feeder guppies all for 85 cents. And yesterday it cost me a dollar just for one ghost shrimp!! I hate to say it but when it comes to prices like that I can't keep going to the ma and pa store and paying what would have cost me at least 7 dollars when I can go to petland and get everything for 85 cents. (plus the guy that was helping me kept hitting on me..so maybe that helped too!!! ;) ) Who knows but hey for that price I can afford it!
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:27 am   

man, you guys are getting ripped off on those shrimp. i get them for like 24 cents at wal-mart. you get more for your money if you ask for about 6 or 7 cause they dont feel like counting them. then you can get like 11 for the price of 6.
weirdalison

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:22 am   

Yeah, but at WalMart they are likely to be covered in diseases.
I used to be a reptile expert. Now I'm just an old turtle lover.
reptilegrrl

Return to Feeding and Nutrition