Feeding and Nutrition :: FINALLY!

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:51 pm   FINALLY!

My new RES's (Pandora and Apollo) are actually eating the amazon sword i left in the tank from my last turtle, which he never touched after a month or 2. They're also eating well, i give them 2 Reptomin Pellets each, and they eat that pretty quick.

Here's a few pictures!

Pandora :

Apollo :

Both Relaxing :
"Does thinking your the last sane man on the planet, make you crazy?"
MenTalTerYn

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:53 pm   

Pandora, eh? Only intelligent people think of such names ;-)
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:39 pm   

Nice pics (and names)... what happened to your last turtle?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:20 pm   

well, i blame myself, but i lost my last two over a 4 month period. First one died about a month after i got him, i believe from a lack in Vitamin A, and the other one died about 4 months after i got him, it looked like he drowned, found him under the water with his eyes closed, didn't know what to do so i placed him back on the basking dock to bask a bit, hopefully recover but he never did...sniff
Like i said, i blame myself, but i've figured im going to make raising turtles my thing, i've invested too much already, and im learning more and more everyday, buying books on how to raise them, learning about disorders and diseases, etc etc..
MenTalTerYn

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:21 pm   

Although people also suggest it might be the feeders i gave them, guppies, because they both died 48 hours after i put new ones in their tank...so im no longer giving them feeder fish, at least not until their roughly 4 inches.
MenTalTerYn

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:13 pm   

I know its probably too late but if you have an investment of knowledge and equipment that you do not want to waste, why not look at helping unwanted sliders?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:49 pm   

I really dont have the resources to find unwanted sliders, not to mention I would imagine people wouldn't want their sliders when their larger than just hatchlings, and with only a 20 gallon atm, i can only support the little ones, but im saving up for a 90 gallon for when their bigger.

Dont get me wrong though, i would love to adopt unwanted sliders and help as much as i can, although they are kind of high maintaince, god knows i love the little guys...
MenTalTerYn

Return to Feeding and Nutrition