Feeding and Nutrition :: Trumpet Snails

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:44 pm   Trumpet Snails

Does anyone know the nutritional value of trumpet snails? I know that they are easy to breed (you don't even have to try) and that they are non destructive. So, as I continue raising this suckers with my guppies, I was just curious if it was going to be ok to throw them in the turtle tank at a later date. Thanks in advance!
missibsu

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:09 pm   

Is that another name for ramshorn snails? If so, they're fine. The shells provide calcium and all my guys love them. I think any kind of snail is fine really.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:11 pm   

es cargot :lol:
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:49 am   

Yeah, they go by a few other names too...not to mention that some give live birth, others lay eggs, and there's no way to tell the difference. Thanks!

Oh, and just a thought...Elliott...You got on Sinbad (as usual) about wasting server space with pointless 'oks' and other minimal unuseful replies, I think the same could be said for your escargot response. It had nothing to do with my question, and well frankly I don't find any humor in it. I'm not sure what you were getting at, but please, unless you have something good to add, please just don't add at all. I'm not just addressing this past post, but others as well. You are just as guilty as Sinbad when it comes to those kinds of posts, and I recall where you jumped all over him in another thread not to long ago.
missibsu

Return to Feeding and Nutrition