Feeding and Nutrition :: atreyu really is an expert hunter

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:03 pm   atreyu really is an expert hunter

I dont know what it is but ive never seen a turtle so good at hunting. I think I need to get a seperate tank for feeders like ghost shrimp and rosie red minnows. I think he trained with the rosie reds for a little bit because they were all in there for about two weeks before they mysteriously disappeared and i decided to put 4 ghost shrimp in there and i thought he cant catch them they are too fast because i saw him attempting and one time I saw him stalking one of them creeping up slow, like didnt even move his arms to swim and he opened his mouth and bam next thing you know hes a chewing away. I think hes good for food for the next 3 days because i cant find any of the other ghost shrimp. So hes going to be eating nothing but lettuce for the next three days because i think hes had too much protein.
Pugness

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:26 pm   

Wise to cut down if he's been eating so much. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:26 pm   

Thats funny. My turtle will eat like 3 of whatever i put in the tank before i can even get back to the tank after throwing away the bag the fish came in. then leaves whatever is left for like a week then bam, everyone is gone. i do have one fairly large pleco that he has let live for over a week now. it is smart and runs everytime turtle get near. turtles are smart and really weird at the same time but we love em!!!
1- 4inch RES: Crash but we call her turtle
rtswim400@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:41 pm   

It's so fun to watch them hunt though huh? I think the only other time I see my turtle's legs move so fast is when he's begging for food....On a side note to Pugness ....Atreyu is an excellent name/band!
GMoneyjr

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:48 pm   

Yeah the band is one of my favorites, I saw them live at taste of chaos and it was awsome, it was when i was talking about taste of chaos with my cousin and my little nephew was watching the neverending story is when i was like damn I think i figured out a name for my sawback
Pugness

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:12 pm   

:) , Did your little guy ever find the last of the ghost shrimp?
GMoneyjr

Return to Feeding and Nutrition