Feeding and Nutrition :: Turtle pooping more than usual

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:26 am   Turtle pooping more than usual

I have two baby YBS. The first one I got is named Turtle and he’s about 2 inches big, moving on to 3. The new one I got just a couple days ago is named Tu, who’s about the size of a quarter (25 cents). Tu seemed uninterested in the pellet food which I’m not worried about right now because turtle was the same way for about 1-2 weeks when I first got him. But Tu has been nipping at the fake plants I have in the tank so I figured putting a piece of a lettuce in the tank so he can chew on something edible (I know it’s not really nutritional but it’s better than him chewing on plastic). Turtle ate the lettuce instead so I said okay, it was about time to change up his diet anyways cus he seemed tired of the basic pellet food I give him. Turtle is pooping soooo much now, like literally pieces of poop at least an inch long, never bigger than that though. So I’m not sure if I’m giving him diahheria or what. I just don’t want to do too much damage. My turtles are already scared of me, humans in general before I even purchased them at the store so I just want to take good care of them.
kassandraaco

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:50 pm   Re: Turtle pooping more than usual

Is the poop solid? Are they kept separately?
steve
Site Admin

Return to Feeding and Nutrition