Feeding and Nutrition :: My turtles became friends with feeder guppies

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:51 pm   My turtles became friends with feeder guppies

I don’t know if this is posted in the right topic?

So my husband and I bought a dozen feeder guppies for our two RES for a treat. More for us to watch them chase the feeders. Anyways, we did this before and they loved it. We don’t do this too often. Every once in a while. Well this time they became friends with the feeders. So now I have feeders that are not being eaten. I am not feeding them (guppies) anything special and skipped a few feedings for the RES in hopes they will eat the guppies. It didn’t work. Then one day I noticed a few more smaller guppies. Then today I saw what looked liked hundreds of baby guppies but probably closer to fifty. But still it is fifty more than I want. I’m not doing anything special for them. I will say it was cute in the beginning but not so much now. Any suggestions on what I should do? Is right wrong to flush them down the toilet?
cocalicious mama

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:00 pm   Re: My turtles became friends with feeder guppies

It is terribly wrong to flush them down the toilet. Please do not do this. Find someone who keeps fishes and wants them.
TheMikey

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:56 pm   Re: My turtles became friends with feeder guppies

I called my LFS and they are not able to take them. I will put a listing on Craigslist or OfferUp in hopes someone will take these.
cocalicious mama

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:58 pm   Re: My turtles became friends with feeder guppies

Yea, people would love free fish. Good luck!
steve
Site Admin

Return to Feeding and Nutrition