Feeding and Nutrition :: just want to make sure...weekends w/o food are alright?

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:46 am   just want to make sure...weekends w/o food are alright?

Hi all...i read the sticky in feeding about adult res over a year can be feed once every other day at most. My dear res live in my classroom (and no my kiddos dont mess with them) and i hope it is alright to leave them over the weekend with just leaves and plants...would even nothing in their tank be alright or is two days too long to go without food?

thanks!

:D
mollylawson

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:50 am   

I've left mine for a weekend or 3 days and he's been fine. I usually give him a little bit more food than usual before I go, and then just a normal amount when I get back. Just make sure you have your light on a timer :)
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
BullDog

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:38 am   

He'll be fine for over the weekend with or without plants/veggies. Nothing to worry about. :)
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:13 am   

Mine only get real food Mon/Wed/Fri. They always go the weekends and days in between with only lettuce or plants. Yours will be just fine.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Return to Feeding and Nutrition