Equipment Review and Discussion :: Fluval 404

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:16 pm   Fluval 404

great filter at a affordable price. makes little or no noise and optional medias are easily available in local petstores, as well as replacement material. keeps the water crystal clear, no leaks (water, air), and current is not too strong - not even for my 25G tank =P.
neways, I highly recommend it.
TrooperRES

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:48 am   

Minor rant

I have the 304... it will leak even if it is tightly closed. That’s another thing, closing the motor housing to the case requires a real tight seal, yet it still leaks occasionally. I bought a replacement case because the previous one broke due to the stress. They changed the locking mechanism, obviously because I am not the only one to have leaking fluvals. Funny, it closes abit easier but still can leak and now you can’t use the locking clamps to pick up the filter anymore.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:04 am   

I've heard of problems with the Fluval 404 leaking as well, but some people do have luck with it.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:13 am   

I'm thinking the rubber seals need lubricant or need to be replaced. But it requires a lot of effort to close it up tight, the xp3 is such a joy to clean! (I didn’t say that did I?)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:48 am   

Think so? I'm keeping an on the rubber seal on my XP3 as well as the cracks that are forming on the inlet and outlet pieces.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion