Equipment Review and Discussion :: Need Recommendation

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:22 am   Need Recommendation

Hi,

I have a 10 gallon tank, right now I'm using a Duetto 50 canister filter that is submersible, it is by marineland. It is an adjustable flow up to 55 gph. I want to get another filter. Can someone recommend a good brand, like an XP price brand. And if it is an XP which model should I get and what else would I need to buy?

Thanks
Donna

I see alot of info on filters but I am not sure if they apply to my meesly 10 gallon tank.
Donna Martin

Hatchling
Squirtle
donnamartin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:12 am   

10 gallons is pretty small. I know XP makes different Sizes ( XP1, XP2, and Xp3) but even the XP1, the smallest, Is rated at 250 gph. In a 10 gallon tank the current would be like a constant flushing toilet.

With a tank that small I would just have a basic filter and do more frequent water changes. I would just keep the filter you have , unless it's broke, and save that money to get a bigger tank. Your turtle will need it in less than a year, assuming it's just a baby.
As always, spelling errors are complimentary.

Taylor Family Zoo:
2 Red Ear Sliders
2 Fire Bellied Toads
1 Bearded Dragon
1 Short hair Kitten
1 Long hair Kitten
1 Siamese Manx mix (stumpy tail)
BigCT

Post Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:30 pm   

If you get a bigger tank, you'll be able to get one of the Filstar XP models. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion