Equipment Review and Discussion :: AquaClear 110 users!

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:49 pm   AquaClear 110 users!

How long is the intake tube? From the pictures I've seen, it looks like it has a fixed length - is that true or is it adjustable? If it is adjustable or has longer attachments, what is that approximate length?

One more question, how far does it extend into the back (hang over)?

Thanks!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:47 pm   

You can add extension on to it Steve... I had 3 on there at one point.. and it nearly hit the bottom of my 75 gallon tank. Doing that also helps trap the bigger debris also. When I ordered mine (from BigAl's), I had ordered an extra tube. I still haven't upgraded the filter as I'm very pleased with how well its cleaning this tank. Heck it sucks things from one end of the tank to the other, I can watch it floating.. so why mess with a good thing :)

Not sure what you mean by how far does it extend into the back (hang over)??

oh and each tube is about 5" and the "basket" on the end is about an 1-1.25"... the top part that extends from the filter itself is about 3". Hope this helps :)
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:08 pm   

thanks Carol, this info's a big help. I have a Fluval 304 and an XP3 on my tank, and the Fluval is a bigger hassle to clean so I'm grabbing an AquaClear to keep the filtration up.

So it only comes with one 5" tube and a nozzle? By "hang over", I meant how far it extends outside the tank (my tank is partially against a wall).

Thanks again!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:25 pm   

Ok, width of the filter (outside the tank) is about 4"... I guess the length doesn't matter right?? *Smile* No, it comes with 2 extention tubes.. I bought a 3rd. Each tube has a "basket" on the end to catch debris... they interconnect. You'll understand better once you have it in your hands. Just checked my order from Big Al's and that's what it was.. came with 2.. and I bought an extra. Heck they're only like $1.99 each :)

Glad to help :)

(actual measurements- each tube is 6.5" from the part where it connects to tip of the basket... the part that comes out of the filter that you attach the intake tubes to is.. 3" from the lip of my tank.. a total of 4" from top to bottom...) If you need any further exact measurements.. just let me know :)

dimensions of the case are.. w-3", h-9", l-13"
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:22 pm   

thanks again, I should be good with this info. :D
steve
Site Admin

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion