Equipment Review and Discussion :: My "aquarium" has a warning - "do not fill wi

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:51 pm   

sounds like it's the 'zilla critter cage - that was really meant for lizards, tortoises, perhaps snakes -

zilla makes tanks specifically for aquatic turtles too.

i would not fill a tank that's clearly labeled "do not fill with water."

you could end up with a mess on your hands.

maybe you can take it back and get a refund as they sold it to you under false pretenses.
Maltliquor45

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:05 am   Re: My "aquarium" has a warning - "do not fill wi

IM IN THE SAME BOAT.
I teach middle school science and one of my students brought his turtle in to be the classroom turtle. When the pandemic happened I took the turtle home. I went to Petsmart and basically bought a 40 gallon kit, it came with the basics for semi aquatic turtles. I wasn’t expecting to have him for long and have had turtles before so I was like okay this is good, I’ll adjust if I need to. It’s been seven months and I was cleaning his tank yesterday and saw the “critter cage do not fill with water” on the very very bottom under the lip. I thought “you’ve got to be kidding me. I keep about 25 gallons in it and I haven’t had any issues yet. It is making me worried though since I’ve found out. The 40 gallon tank seems like a good width for him I’m looking at other tanks and they seem more narrow.
Katie10m10

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:19 pm   Re: My "aquarium" has a warning - "do not fill wi

Look for a “breeder” tank as those are wider than standard tanks. Also, plastic tubs work well too, if not better. They’re great when the turtles are still small.
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion