Equipment Review and Discussion :: FLUVAL 305 not pumping / making grinding noise

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:48 am   Re: FLUVAL 305 not pumping / making grinding noise

You don't really need to fill the canister... it will do it by itself but it definitely speeds up the process if you fill it. Also less chance for an air pocket in the media if you fill it. When you fill it and seal the top lid back on... give it a gentle shake before you re-attach the hoses. It will get the media settled and release any trapped air.
VeipaCray

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:09 pm   Re: FLUVAL 305 not pumping / making grinding noise

I seriously wish I would've read this post four years ago. It would've saved a lot of blisters.
Reggies Momma

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:13 am   Re: FLUVAL 305 not pumping / making grinding noise

Easy quick way to do a water change. Take a garden hose and with one end outside, put other end to the output to force water through the hose to get siphon started. Drain and refill.

To restart the canister filter after cleaning, put garden hose to the intake tubing and turn on the water. (Use a nozzle to adjust flow and wrap hands tightly around the connection to prevent squirting water up at you.)
This way you fill the canister and the tubing all in one step, then plug in filter to run.
joyfulspirit35

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:33 am   Re: FLUVAL 305 not pumping / making grinding noise

I used to do that too, but found using a separate pump easier to use. It's more hands off and seems to cause less accidents/spills.
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion