Equipment Review and Discussion :: New Tank for Mr. Tortuga - Advice

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:16 pm   Re: New Tank for Mr. Tortuga - Advice

Hi Steve,
Its been well over a year since I have posted and all is well, I am just super BUSY. You were right Mr. Tortuga is a female. She laid 9 eggs over the summer (unfertilized though). She is now called Mrs. Tortuga. She loves the 140 gallon tank with the Fluval FX5. Same issue persists where she is too big for the basking dock. I connected two basking docks sided by side and have them connected to two double stacked plastic crates (what look like mini milk crates). I am interested in fabricating a frame from stainless steel that will hold up the docks. This will give her more room to go underneath. Any risk with stainless steel? There will be no sharp edges and it will be clean and rust free. I have some great picutures. I will email them to you as long as you can still willing to post them. I plan on keeping in touch with the forum this time.

Mike
Mike S

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:50 pm   Re: New Tank for Mr. Tortuga - Advice

I'd be happy to post them. As for using stainless, I'm not sure if it's entirely safe. The source of the metal, coating, welds, etc could have an impact on water quality. What about PVC? Or even glass?
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion