Equipment Review and Discussion :: Best bang for my buck: Filter recs for RES in a 90gall tank

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 pm   Re: Best bang for my buck: Filter recs for RES in a 90gall t

Spookster I totally agree. I have both the FX5 and the XP4 on my turtle tank right now. The FX5 runs circles around the XP4 in terms of performance and ease of use. I really hate the stupid funnel / spill water on the floor priming method for the XP canisters.
VeipaCray

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 pm   Re: Best bang for my buck: Filter recs for RES in a 90gall t

VeipaCray wrote:Spookster I totally agree. I have both the FX5 and the XP4 on my turtle tank right now. The FX5 runs circles around the XP4 in terms of performance and ease of use. I really hate the stupid funnel / spill water on the floor priming method for the XP canisters.

Oh yeah I forgot about the XP priming method. That was horrible. I spilled water on the floor many of times. Of course with the FX5 there is also a little spillage of water when you disconnect the hoses from the canister because there is always a tiny bit of water trapped between the shutoff valve and where the hose connects to the canister. I usually just wrap a rag around it when I disconnect to soak up the water that escapes.
Spookster

Previous

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion