Equipment Review and Discussion :: Exo Terra : Dual Top / UV Light & Basking Spot Fixture

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:37 pm   Exo Terra : Dual Top / UV Light & Basking Spot Fixture

Does anyone use this or have experience with this product? I'm seriously considering for my turtle's basking spot. I'm looking at the one made for the 15" tube lights (14 watts; 5.0 uvb)

Here's the link to the product information: http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/dual_top.php
RES: Turtley - about 9" (She makes it a mission to measure her. :/)
Musk: Bolt - 4.5"
Mutt: Gaviota - small
jwinters

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:11 am   Re: Exo Terra : Dual Top / UV Light & Basking Spot Fixture

These hoods and the similar one by Zoo Med are OK but expensive.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:17 pm   Re: Exo Terra : Dual Top / UV Light & Basking Spot Fixture

I ended up getting it. For the bulbs, should I use two of the 5.0 tubes or only one? There will be a sun-glo 35 watt bulb in there as well to cover the heat needed.
jwinters

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:31 pm   Re: Exo Terra : Dual Top / UV Light & Basking Spot Fixture

I think you can just use one. I'd also check home depot for halogens that would fit into that hood since there shouldn't be any difference between them.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:31 pm   Re: Exo Terra : Dual Top / UV Light & Basking Spot Fixture

steve wrote:I think you can just use one. I'd also check home depot for halogens that would fit into that hood since there shouldn't be any difference between them.

I'm on it. They do carry bulbs for the GU-10 fixture. :)
jwinters

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion